Why Use Retrofit Double Glazing In Sydney?
How Retrofit Double Glazing Can Slash Your Cost Of Double Glazing in Sydney
If you want to enjoy the benefits of double glazing your home in Sydney but keep the cost as low as possible, you need to ask yourself this question. “Are my existing window frames in good condition?”
If the answer is “Yes”, that’s excellent news, that will save you a lot of money. When we can utilise your current window frames, we can fit a true double glazing unit to your existing frames. So, why pay extra for new frames when your old ones are fine?
The benefits of double glazing are many. Double glazed windows and doors keep your Sydney home warm in Winter, cool in Summer, reduce condensation, cut down outside noise… the list goes on and on. Retrofit replacement double glazed windows can provide all the benefits, at a very competitive price.
Retrofit Double Glazing Preserves The Look Of Your Sydney Home
Sydney is blessed with a lot of distinctive older homes. Sometimes, fitting modern window frames to an existing, traditional or heritage design can detract from the very look you’ve come to love. Fitting retrofit double glazing units, retains the look and feel of your home. The streetscape isn’t compromised, but your home becomes a more comfortable place to live. That’s win-win.
Retrofit Double Glazing Uses Genuine Double Glazing- IGU’s
The superior thermal and acoustic insulation properties of the genuine Insulated Glass Units (IGU’s) used in Twinglaze retrofit double glazing comes from a number of factors;
- the choice of the correct thickness of the two glass sheets
- the types of glass chosen for the inner and outer panes
- the vacuum gap between the panes
- the depth of the gap- specified for your conditions and needs
- the addition of argon gas to the vacuum to improve thermal insulation
Only real double glazing units have these essential features. Anything less is second best.
Twinglaze is real, genuine double glazing retrofitted to your existing frames.
But What About ‘Secondary Glazing’?
Let’s be clear (no pun intended). So-called ‘secondary glazing’ is not genuine double glazing. See the last section above… Secondary glazing fits a second sheet, usually perspex, to the inside of an existing window. These are normally held in place by magnetic strips. We can have a long discussion on the subject, but in essence…
- secondary glazing does not replace an unsuitable existing window pane.
- retaining thin existing glass that is a poor insulator of heat and sound, defeats the purpose of getting double glazing
- being limited by the frame, secondary glazing does not provide the exact gap needed for best performance
- secondary glazing provides no vacuum gap between the two sheets
- with secondary glazing, the gap between the sheets is filled with air- a poor insulator
- with genuine double glazing, the gap is usually filled with argon gas- a superior insulator
There’s no question that secondary glazing is not an improvement on an existing window, but it just can’t perform like genuine double glazing can. Twinglaze gives you superior performance at a surprisingly affordable price.
It’s Really Easy To Install Twinglaze Retrofit Double Glazing!
It’s easy to fit real, genuine Twinglaze retrofit double glazing to your Sydney home.
Why Not Enjoy ALL The Benefits Of Double Glazing, With GENUINE Retrofit Double Glazing?
If you’re sold on the benefits of double glazing your Sydney home, if you have any questions, or you’d like a quote, give us a call on 1300 766 743 (Click to Call)